India is a seventh largest country by the area and second most populated country and most populous democracy in the world. And most of the people have not any idea about some interesting facts about India.
So here are the facts that you need to know about India.
- Kumbh Mela gathering visible from space – believe or not but the Kumbh Mela 2011 was the largest gathering of the crowd with approx 75 million pilgrims. And the crowd was visible from space.
- Bharat is the geographical term which is recognized by the Constitution of India as an official name for the country is used by many of the languages in its variations.
- The highest cricket playground in the world – The Chail cricket ground in Himachal Pradesh is the highest Cricket ground in the world. The ground was build in 1893. The ground is fully surrounded by forest is the part of Chail military school.
- India is the second largest English speaking country in the world
- The shampoo is an Indian concept – shampoo is not the commercial liquid. It was invented in India. The word shampoo has been derived from the Sanskrit word shampoo which means massage.
- Science day in Switzerland is dedicated to missile man APJ Abdul Kalam
- First Rocket Was Transported by cycle – The first rocket was small and so light that it was transported by cycle to the Thumba Launching Station Kerala.
- The largest number of vegetarian in the world. India has the largest number of vegetarian be it because of personal choice or religious reason or both around 22 – 40 % Indian are vegetarian make it a largest vegetarian-friendly country not in Asia but in the world.
- India looks Saare Jahan se aacha from space – Astronaut Rakesh Sharma said India looks Saare Jahan Se accha from space.
- plastic surgery – plastic surgery is invented in India.